- 1/2 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- Cut each pita into eight wedges; arrange in a singer layer on
- ungreased baking sheets. Spritz both sides of pitas with cooking
- spray; sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon seasoning mix. Broil 3-4 in. from
- the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Cool on
- wire racks.
- In a large skillet, cook lamb and remaining seasoning mix over medium
- heat until lamb is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Drain. Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; gradually stir
- into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, lemon peel,
- cucumbers and remaining salt and pepper. Arrange pita wedges on a
- serving platter. Layer with lettuce, lamb mixture, tomatoes, olives,
- onions and cheese. Serve immediately with cucumber sauce. Yield: 12
Editor's Note: If Greek yogurt is not available in your area, line a strainer with a coffee filter and place over a bowl. Place 4 cups plain yogurt in prepared strainer; refrigerate overnight. Discard liquid from bowl; proceed as directed.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 253 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 628 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer