Mediterranean Fish Skillet
“This is a simple, healthy and filling meal with lots of flavor,” writes Sarah Christenson of Pensacola, Florida. “It's quick and only uses one pan! If you prefer, skip making the salsa and just toss in a can of Rotel tomatoes and green chilies with a splash of wine.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 2 whitefish fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato, peppers, basil, wine, shallot,
- garlic and 1/4 teaspoon chili powder; set aside.
- Sprinkle fillets with remaining chili powder. In a large skillet,
- cook fillets in oil over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each
- side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, adding tomato mixture
- during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet with 3/4 cup vegetable mixture equals 319 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.