- two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans.
- Bake at 400° for 40 minutes, stirring once. Stir in garlic; bake
- 5-10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Cool for 10
- minutes. Place vegetables and tomato paste in a food processor;
- cover and process until desired consistency.
- For pita chips, in a small bowl, combine the oil, cheese, garlic and
- seasonings. Place pita breads on baking sheets; brush with half of
- oil mixture. Bake at 350° for 7 minutes. Turn over; brush with
- remaining mixture. Bake 7-9 minutes longer or until crisp. Cut each
- pita into six wedges. Serve with dip. Yield: 2-1/2 cups dip (30
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup dip with 3 pita chips equals 236 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 533 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.