Mediterranean Breakfast Pitas
"These pretty low-fat pitas, made with egg substitute, are great for any time of day, not just breakfast," nots Josie-Lynn Belmont of Woodbine, Georgia. They're full of flavor and healthy ingredients.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup torn fresh baby spinach
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 2 whole pita breads
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir
- red pepper and onion over medium heat for 3 minutes. Meanwhile, in a
- small bowl, whisk the egg substitute, salt and pepper. Add egg
- mixture to skillet; cook and stir until set.
- Combine the tomato, spinach and basil; spoon onto pitas. Top with egg
- mixture and sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 pita equals 267 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 798 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,