Meaty Whole Grain Nachos
Multigrain chips are a nice change from tortilla chips. They also come in other flavors.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound uncooked chorizo
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (13-1/2 ounces) multigrain snack chips
- Shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and chopped green onions, optional
- Crumble beef and chorizo into a large skillet; add pepper and onion.
- Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in
- the beans, salsa and barbecue sauce; heat through. Sprinkle with
- Use snack chips for dipping. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes and green
- onions if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup beef mixture with 1 cup chips equals 488 calories, 24 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 1,031 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 20 g protein.