Meatless Taco Salad
This colorful salad from Kimberly Dray of Pflugerville, Texas blends together all your favorite taco ingredients...minus the ground beef. And you won't miss the meat at all! The guacamole dressing is thick and creamy.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup crushed corn chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside. In a
- large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, beans and olives. Arrange
- lettuce mixture on a serving plate; top with guacamole mixture.
- Sprinkle with corn chips and cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat sour cream and reduced-fat cheese) equals 449 calories, 28 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 1,178 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 18 g protein.