Meatballs and Beans
Bernice Morris, from Marshfield, Missouri, pairs meatballs with sweet baked beans to create this quick-and-easy dish. "I usually serve it with a tossed green salad and dinner rolls to make a complete meal," she notes.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, divided
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans, undrained
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Combine bread crumbs, milk, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, cook meatballs and onion until meatballs are
- browned; drain. Add beans, ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until
- meatballs are no longer pink. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 254 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 847 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 20 g protein.