Meatballs Sausage Dinner
One day I was having trouble deciding what to make for dinner. So I combined whatever was in the refrigerator and freezer! To my surprise, everyone loved it! --Elizabeth Martz, Pleasant Gap, Pennsylvania
6-8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, halved and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- Lemon-pepper seasoning to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Transfer to a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with sausage.
- Shape beef into 1-in. balls; arrange over top. Pour broth over the
- casserole. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 1 hour or until meatballs are no longer pink. Yield: 6-8
Prepare a brownie mix and pop it into the oven when the Meatball Sausage Dinner is done...dessert will be baking while you're eating. Serve the brownies with vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 281 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 820 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.