Meatballs Monte Carlo
Hemet, California cook Margaret Wilson needs just one pan to prepare this easy entree. "Once the meatballs have browned, the egg noodles cook in the tomatoey sauce right along with them," she writes.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix
- 4 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 5 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large bowl, combine milk, bread crumbs, onion, salt and pepper.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown meatballs; drain.
- Combine the spaghetti sauce mix, tomato juice and water; pour over
- the meatballs. Bring to a boil. Stir in the noodles and olives.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until noodles are
- tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 350 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 1,076 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.