Meatball Tortellini Soup
“After our son left home, I had to learn to pare down recipes for just my husband and me,” notes Sherry Little of Sherwood, Arkansas. “So I created this hearty soup with fast-cooking frozen meatballs.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 12 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (1/2 ounce each)
- 3/4 cup fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 3/4 cup frozen cheese tortellini (about 20)
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add meatballs. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach, tomatoes and corn; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the tortellini, salt and pepper; cover and simmer for 3 minutes
- or until tortellini is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 276 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 1,134 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.