Meatball Shish Kabobs
Convenience foods make this hearty entree a snap to prepare. Purchased meatballs are easy to thread onto skewers. And since they're precooked, you just need to grill the kabobs until the fresh veggies are tender. Basting with bottled barbecue sauce adds fast flavor.
-Shawn Solley, Lawton, Oklahoma
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 30 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (1/2 ounce each) , thawed
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 pearl onions
- 1 cup KC Masterpiece®
KC Masterpiece Original BBQ Sauce is great with all types of meat and in favorite sides like beans, casseroles and more.
See More Recipes >
- Hot cooked rice
- On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternate meatballs, zucchini,
- summer squash, tomatoes and onions. Grill, uncovered, over medium
- heat for 6 minutes, turning once.
- Baste with barbecue sauce. Grill 8-10 minutes longer or until
- meatballs are heated through and vegetables are tender, turning and
- basting frequently. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 81 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 365 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.