Meat Loaf Stuffed Zucchini
I CAME UP WITH this recipe after being challenged to find different ways to cook this plentiful summer vegetable.
At first, I decided to add zucchini to my meat loaf recipe...then it occurred to me to reverse the process and put the meat loaf into the zucchini! It was an instant hit.
-Ruth Fluckiger, Tolland, Connecticut
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in.
- shell. Chop pulp; set pulp and shells aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat
- until no longer pink; drain. Add pulp, bread crumbs, milk and dill.
- Spoon into zucchini shells.
- Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with spaghetti sauce;
- sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes or
- until zucchini is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 586 calories, 26 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 1,465 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 38 g protein.