Meat Loaf Patties
"I copied this recipe from my mom before my husband and I were married," recalls Nancy Carpenter, Sidney, Montana. "These moist burgers are still a favorite after more than 20 years." They're economical, too, at 39 cents a patty.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup coarsely crushed saltines (about 20), divided
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- In a bowl, combine egg, milk, onion, chili powder, salt and
- Worcestershire sauce. Mix in 1/2 cup cracker crumbs. Add beef; mix
- well. Shape into six patties, about 1/2 in. thick. Coat with
- remaining crumbs. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook patties
- in oil for 5 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink.
- Serve with ketchup. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note:The cost per serving does not include optional ingredients such as garnishes. When there is a choice of two ingredients, the cost is figured with the first one listed.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 212 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 441 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.