- longer pink; drain. Add cabbage, onion, salt and pepper. Cover and
- cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in cheese. Remove from the heat; set aside to cool.
- Punch dough down and divide into 12 pieces. Gently roll out each
- piece into a 5-in. circle. Top each with about 1/4 cup filling. Fold
- dough over filling to meet in the center; pinch edges to seal.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in
- a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Brush with butter.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Editor's Note: The dough may be prepared in a bread machine. Place dough ingredients (using water that is 70°-80° and only 2 cups of bread flour) in bread pan in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a floured surface and punch down. Prepare buns as directed.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 199 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.