Meat 'n' Potato Stew
My sons are real meat-and-potatoes men, so they request this recipe quite often. The addition of pork adds a tempting taste twist. - Mildred Sherrer, Fort Worth, Texas
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 1 hour
- In a skillet, cook beef and pork over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Add the broth, potatoes, tomatoes, onion, ketchup,
- Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and vinegar. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the corn, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10
- minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings.
To remove kernels from cooked corncobs, stand one end of the cob on a cutting board. Run a sharp knife down the cob, cutting deeply to