- sage; rub over turkey.
- In a large skillet, melt remaining butter. Add celery and onion;
- saute until tender. Add the broth, nuts and seasonings. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in
- stuffing cubes.
- Spread stuffing mixture over turkey to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up
- jelly-roll style, rolling turkey away from you; arrange skin over
- top of roll. Tie with kitchen string at 2-in. intervals.
- Place on a rack in a large roasting pan. Combine pineapple juice and
- olive oil; set aside.
- Bake turkey at 325° for 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until a
- thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with pineapple
- juice mixture.
- Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm. For gravy, add broth
- to the pan, scraping to loosen browned bits. Pour into a small
- saucepan and bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and pineapple juice
- until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey. Yield: 12
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice with about 2 tablespoons gravy equals 489 calories, 26 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 683 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer