Mashed Winter Squash
Frozen cooked squash and a microwave make quick work of assembling this colorful side dish. Each creamy bite features the subtle blend of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 packages (12 ounces each) frozen cooked winter squash
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place squash in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high
- for 7-8 minutes or until heated through, stirring after 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar, butter, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger; mix well.
- Microwave, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield:
- 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 119 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 359 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.