Mayonnaise is the secret behind these comforting spuds from Waynesboro, Tennessee's Brenda Pulley. Not only are they special enough for company, but they're a cinch to whip up on weeknights. Try a batch tonight and use what's left in the next two recipes.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Place potatoes in a bowl; beat until smooth. Add the mayonnaise,
- butter, salt and pepper; mix well. Refrigerate any leftovers.
- Yield: 5 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 329 calories, 30 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 551 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.