Mashed Potatoes with Garlic-Olive Oil
Garlic mashed potatoes are high on our love list. To intensify the flavor, I combine garlic and olive oil in the food processor and drizzle it on top of the potatoes. — Emory Doty, Jasper, Georgia
13 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, place oil and garlic in a small food processor; process
- until blended.
- Drain potatoes; return to pan. Mash potatoes, gradually adding cream,
- butter, salt, pepper and enough milk to reach desired consistency.
- Stir in green onions. Serve with garlic olive oil and, if desired,
- cheese. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Editor’s Note: For food safety purposes, prepare garlic olive oil just before serving; do not store leftover oil mixture.