Mashed Potatoes with Carrot
One day, I wanted to make my mashed potatoes more interesting, so I added a carrot and some onion. This delightful dish adds color to any entree and makes an attractive plate.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch sugar
- Place the vegetables in a saucepan, cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until
- Drain and place vegetables in a bowl; mash until smooth. Add the
- cream, butter, salt, pepper and sugar; mix well. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 247 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 374 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.