Mashed Potato Soup
This is my mom's recipe and a family favorite. Along with grilled cheese sandwiches, this chunky soup makes a quick lunch or dinner. - Jo Boring, Silver Lake, Indiana
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the cubed potatoes, water
- and celery; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20
- minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add milk, mashed potatoes,
- evaporated milk, salt and pepper. Heat through but do not boil.
- Yield: 16 servings (4 quarts).
If you don't have time to make mashed potatoes from scratch, make instant mashed potatoes instead.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 226 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.