Mashed Cauliflower Au Gratin
Unless someone tells you, you might not know you're eating cauliflower. But if you do like cauliflower, you'll love this version. It's buttery, cheesy, creamy and wow. — Sandie Parker, Freeland, Michigan
12 ServingsPrep: 40 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 2 large heads cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Italian-style panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Place cauliflower in a stock pot; add water to cover. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until
- very tender. Drain; transfer to a large bowl. Mash cauliflower; stir
- in cheeses, cubed butter and seasonings. Transfer to a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs and melted butter until evenly
- coated; sprinkle over cauliflower mixture. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 40-50 minutes or until heated through and topping is
- golden brown. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup).