- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add egg yolk and vanilla;
- mix well. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed
- mixture alternately with milk. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in.
- x 1-in. baking pan. Spread with jelly.
- For filling, combine almond paste, butter, sugar, egg white and
- vanilla in a bowl. Beat in eggs. Add food coloring; mix well. Pour
- over jelly layer. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until set. Cool
- on a wire rack.
- For icing, heat chocolate and butter in a small saucepan on low until
- melted. Add confectioners' sugar and enough milk to make a smooth
- icing. Stir in vanilla. Immediately spread over bars. Cover and
- store overnight at room temperature before cutting. Yield: about
- 6-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 79 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.