Marvelous Maple Fudge
Use this delicious, easy recipe for potlucks, large family gatherings or bake sales. Line your pan with foil to make removing the fudge a breeze. —Jeannie Gallant, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
64 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil; grease foil with 1 teaspoon
- Cube remaining butter. In a large saucepan, combine the cubed butter,
- brown sugar and milk. Bring to a full boil over medium heat,
- stirring constantly. Cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove
- from heat.
- Stir in the maple flavoring, vanilla and salt. Add confectioners'
- sugar; beat on medium speed 2 minutes or until smooth. Immediately
- spread into prepared pan. Cool completely.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Remove foil; cut into 1-in.
- squares. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-3/4 pounds (64