Marinated Turkey Thighs
"This recipe was one I originally used for lamb shanks," writes Enid Karp from Encinitas, California. "I decided it just might work for turkey, too-and I was right! The meat turns out tender, juicy and very flavorful every time."
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 turkey thighs (3/4 pound each)
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the buttermilk, onion, salt,
- pepper, celery seed, coriander and ginger; add turkey. Seal bag and
- turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place turkey in a greased shallow baking
- dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 30-35
- minutes longer or until juices run clear and a meat thermometer
- reads 180°. Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer