My mom made this salad often, and I have made it for my family. The bread is delicious dipped in the dressing. It's something you can enjoy all summer.
-Maryalice Kieffer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 soft breadsticks or Italian rolls
- Place tomato slices in a bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the oil,
- oregano and garlic salt. Pour over tomatoes; stir gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Serve with breadsticks or rolls
- for dipping into marinade. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 286 calories, 28 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.