Marinated Shrimp and Olives
This is my favorite appetizer to serve party guests. The flavors in this colorful dish blend beautifully, and the shrimp are tender and tasty.Carol Gawronski, Lake Wales, Florida
15-20 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 pounds cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Combine shrimp and olives in a 2-qt. dish; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Combine the curry,
- ginger, salt and pepper; whisk into hot oil. Cook and stir for 1
- minute. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice and parsley.
- Immediately drizzle over shrimp mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 6 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve
- with toothpicks. Yield: 15-20 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 71 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 292 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,