Marinated Plum Tomatoes
Here's an easy, refreshing way to use the plump red tomatoes from your garden. Our Test Kitchen home economists simply sliced fresh tomatoes and tossed them in a cilantro-seasoned oil-and-vinegar marinade.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 plum tomatoes, sliced
- In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Add tomatoes; toss
- gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before
- serving. Serve with slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 71 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.