Marinated Garden Tomatoes
Tomatoes always come to mind when I think of ripe garden goodness. Bright, succulent slices star in the lively salad I served at our garden gathering. You can make this a day ahead since the tomatoes can marinate overnight.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating
- 6 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place tomatoes and onions in a shallow serving bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over
- tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 91 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.