Marinated Chuck Roast
It's the simple marinade of orange juice, soy sauce, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce that makes this beef roast so tasty and tender.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 3 hours + standing
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the orange juice, soy
- sauce, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce; add the roast. Seal bag
- and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Pour the marinade into a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil; boil for 2
- minutes. Add roast to the pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 3 to
- 3-1/2 hours or until the meat is tender. Let stand for 10 minutes
- before slicing. Thicken juices for gravy if desired. Yield: 8-10
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (6 ounces) equals 254 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 339 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.