Marbled Chocolate Bars
With only four ingredients, these scrumptious chocolate bars with pockets of rich cream cheese are perfect for taking to a potluck. They're quick to assemble, don't need frosting and are easy to transport and serve. Best of all, folks love them!"
-Margery Bryan, Royal City, Washington
36 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips, divided
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Pour into a
- greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. In a small bowl, beat
- cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in 1/4 cup chocolate
- Drop by tablespoonfuls over batter. Cut through batter with a knife
- to swirl the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
- Yield: 3 dozen.