Marbled Almond Roca
My easy recipe is an old favorite that we keep in steady use from mid-November until the New Year. Homemade gifts are still a Christmas tradition at our house.
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + cooling Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- Sprinkle almonds on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 300° for 15 minutes or until toasted and golden brown;
- remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, cook butter and sugar for 5
- minutes. Add water and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat;
- cook, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer reads
- 300° (hard-crack stage). Quickly pour over almonds. Sprinkle
- chips on top; let stand for 1-2 minutes or until melted. Spread and
- swirl chocolate over candy. Cool completely; break into pieces.
- Yield: 1-1/2 pounds.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 ounces) equals 306 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.