Maraschino Cherry Mini Loaves
I've been making these breads as Christmas gifts for my neighbors for more than 20 years. Each moist slice is dotted with cherries, chocolate and nuts.
18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- Drain cherries, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set aside. In a large bowl,
- combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl,
- whisk eggs and reserved juice; stir into dry ingredients just until
- moistened. Fold in the walnuts, chocolate chips, dates and cherries.
- Spoon into three greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at
- 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to a wire rack to cool completely. Wrap and store for 24 hours
- before serving. Yield: 3 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 204 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 122 mg sodium,