Maple Walnut Fondue
Angela Pohl, Marquette, Michigan, serves this fun fondue for two. The praline-flavored mixture is great with cake cubes, strawberries, apple wedges and other delicious dippers.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pound cake cubes and assorted fresh fruit
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and milk until smooth. Stir
- in maple syrup and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the
- Stir in walnuts, butter and vanilla. Transfer to a small fondue pot
- and keep warm. Serve with cake cubes and fruit. Yield: 1/2 cup.
Nutrition Facts: One serving: 1/4 cup fondue (calculated without cake or fruit) equals 353 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.