Maple Walnut Banana Bread
Loaded with banana flavor and just the right hint of maple, this old-fashioned walnut-topped loaf is easy to prepare and tastes wonderful warm from the oven. "I sent a loaf of this bread to work with my husband, and his co-workers loved it," relates Amy Hawk of Seabrook, New Jersey.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 to 3 medium)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the eggs,
- bananas, butter, milk and flavoring; mix well. Stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Spoon into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf
- pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutrition Facts: One slice equals 197 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium,