Maple Toast and Eggs
Meet the Cook: My home's in the country, right next door to my sister and brother-in-law's. They and their two children all enjoy this dish each time I serve it as a special evening meal - although it can also be made for breakfast or lunch.
-Susan Buttel, Plattsburgh, New York
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 12 Wright® Brand Bacon strips, diced
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 12 slices firm-textured white bread
- 12 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a
- slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. In a small saucepan,
- heat syrup and butter until butter is melted; set aside.
- Trim crust from bread; flatten slices with a rolling pin. Brush one
- side generously with syrup mixture; press each slice into an
- ungreased muffin cup with syrup side down. Divide bacon among muffin
- Carefully break one egg into each cup. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until egg
- whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not
- hard. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 671 calories, 46 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 476 mg cholesterol, 805 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.