Maple Sausage Patties
Maple syrup, sage, thyme and a little Liquid Smoke lend comforting flavor to these hearty pork patties. "I developed the recipe with help from my neighbors who were willing taste testers," says Margaret Eid of Huron, South Dakota.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons mesquite Liquid Smoke, optional
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Shape into eight
- 2-1/2-in. patties. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties
- over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a
- thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 patty equals 128 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.