Maple Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
My five children love maple and brown sugar oatmeal, so I decided to add those ingredients to my oatmeal cookies. The first time I made them, they vanished in just a few days! Karen Nienaber, Erskine, Minnesota
33 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup raisins
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time,
- beating well after each addition. Beat in maple flavoring. Combine
- the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to the
- creamed mixture. Stir in oats and raisins.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 153 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.