- Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through batter
- with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest oven rack at
- 350° for 40-45 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly
- touched. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a
- serving plate. For frosting, in a microwave, melt butter and
- chocolate; stir until smooth. Pour into a large bowl; beat in the
- confectioners' sugar, milk and maple syrup. Frost cake; press pecans
- onto the top and sides of cake. Yield: 12 servings.
To Make Ahead: The unfrosted cake can be made the day before serving. Store tightly wrapped at room temperature. Frost before serving.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 605 calories, 26 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 243 mg sodium, 92 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.