Maple Peanut Mix
Maple syrup and butter combine to coat a combination of nuts, pretzels, dried cranberries and chocolate chips. I like adding some crushed red pepper flakes for a bit of heat.Sharlene Heatwole, McDowell, Virginia
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + standing
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 cups unsalted peanuts
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with foil and grease the
- foil; set aside. In a large bowl, combine syrup and butter. Stir in
- peanuts and pepper flakes if desired. Spread mixture into prepared
- pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until bubbly, stirring
- Transfer to a large bowl; stir in pretzels and cranberries. Spread
- mixture onto waxed paper; sprinkle with chips. Let stand until dry.
- Store in an airtight container. Yield: 10 cups.
To Make Ahead: Prepare the mix up to a week in advance.
Nutrition Facts: 1/3 cup equals 259 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.