Maple Peanut Delights
Meet the Cook: This wonderful candy recipe makes a big batch - enough to fill several Christmas gift boxes and still have treats left for my husband, Albert, and our grandchildren. One of our daughters-in-law shared the recipe a few years ago.
-Katie Stutzman, Goshen, Indiana
48 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 2 pounds dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, confectioners' sugar
- and flavoring until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. In a microwave, melt candy coating, stirring
- often. Dip balls in coating; sprinkle with peanuts. Place on waxed
- paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 208 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.