- Place the potatoes, carrots, celery and onions around roast. Cover
- and bake at 325° for 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and vegetables; keep warm. Pour pan juices into a
- measuring cup. Discard bay leaf and skim fat. Pour into a small
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually
- stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with
- pot roast and vegetables. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3 ounces cooked beef with 3/4 cup vegetables and 2 tablespoons gravy equals 335 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.