Maple-Nut Snack Mix
Maple syrup adds just the right amount of sweetness to this crunchy blend. "We take along individual plastic bags of the mix when we're fishing along the river. The pretzel "fish" seem to attract the real ones!" says Diane Nemitz of Ludington, Michigan.
7 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3/4 cup fish-shaped pretzels
- 1/4 cup walnut halves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, pretzels, walnuts and sesame
- seeds. Combine syrup and butter; pour over cereal mixture and toss
- to coat.
- Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking
- spray. Bake at 250° for 40-45 minutes or until crisp, stirring
- occasionally. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 157 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.