Maple Mustard Chicken
This recipe is one of my husband's favorites. It only calls for four ingredients, and we try to have them on hand all the time for a delicious and cozy dinner anytime! —Jennifer Seidel, Midland, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup stone-ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- Hot cooked brown rice
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the
- syrup, mustard and tapioca; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low
- for 3-4 hours or until tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 3 tablespoons sauce (calculated without rice) equals 289 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 296 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.