Maple Glazed Carrots
I like to make this side dish when I want to add some color to my meal. The touch of maple syrup is a nice surprise and so compatible with the carrot flavor. The crunch of pecans adds a special touch.
-Sharon Bickett, Chester, South Carolina
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups baby carrots or sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a small saucepan, bring carrots and water to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Stir in the
- butter, syrup and pecans until the butter is melted. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 245 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.