Maple-Glazed Acorn Squash
With a maple syrup and brown sugar glaze, this squash becomes pleasantly sweet. This is comfort food—easy to prepare and a tasty pairing with a pork entree. —Nancy Mueller, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1 medium acorn squash, halved
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Scoop out and discard seeds from squash. Place cut side down in a
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; add water. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 45 minutes.
- Drain water from pan; turn squash cut side up. Combine the syrup,
- brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and salt; pour into squash halves.
- Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until glaze is heated through.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 squash equals 251 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 311 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.