Maple Crunch Popcorn
For a snack that's sure to bring smiles, try this medley of popcorn and pecans covered in a sweet and buttery coating.Elmira Trombetti, Paducah, Kentucky
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1-1/2 cups pecan halves, toasted
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- Place popcorn and pecans in a large bowl; set aside. In a large heavy
- saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, maple syrup, corn syrup and
- salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads
- 300° (hard-crack stage). Remove from the heat; stir in maple
- flavoring. Quickly pour over popcorn mixture and mix well.
- Transfer to baking sheets lined with waxed paper to cool. Break into
- clusters. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 270 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.