- 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough. Turn
- onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5-7
- minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover
- and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 70 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven filling ingredients; beat
- for 2 minutes. Punch dough down; turn onto a lightly floured
- surface. Divide in half; roll each into a 16-in. x 8-in. rectangle.
- Spread filling to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with nuts. Roll
- up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side.
- With a sharp knife, cut each roll in half lengthwise. Open halves so
- cut side is up; gently twist ropes together. Transfer to two greased
- 9-in. round baking pans. Coil into a circle. Tuck ends under; pinch
- to seal. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10
- minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Combine the confectioners'
- sugar, maple flavoring and enough milk to achieve desired
- consistency; drizzle over warm cakes. Yield: 2 coffee cakes.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 119 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.