- Place tomatoes in a blender or food processor; cover and process
- until smooth. Transfer to a large saucepan; add the water, tomato
- sauce, sugar, oregano and celery salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer gently, uncovered, for 2 hours or until reduced to about
- 4-1/2 cups, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat eggs and water. Combine flour and
- salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1
- In a large bowl, soak bread in milk for 5 minutes. Stir in egg,
- parsley, salt and pepper. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture; mix
- well. Stir in mozzarella. Cover and refrigerate until assembling.
- Heat 3/4 teaspoon oil in an 8-in. nonstick skillet. Stir crepe
- batter; pour 3 tablespoons into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan
- to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook
- 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining
- batter, using remaining oil as needed. When cool, stack crepes with
- waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- Spread about 1/4 cup filling down the center of each crepe; roll up
- and place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish and 11-in. x 7-in.
- baking dish. Spoon sauce over top; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 filled crepes equals 448 calories, 25 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 213 mg cholesterol, 1,320 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.