I was raised in South Florida, where we enjoyed plenty of fresh tropical fruits. While this salsa is good for snacking with chips, I'll often serve it on fresh fish, which is plentiful here, too.
16 ServingsPrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 3 medium ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1-1/2 cups diced seeded plum tomatoes
- 1 jar (6 ounces) mango or peach baby food
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup each diced green, sweet red and yellow peppers
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the mangoes, tomatoes, baby food, chilies,
- peppers, lime juice, garlic, oil, cilantro, sugar, lime peel, salt
- and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Serve
- with tortilla chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 55 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.